Friday, March 1, 2013

The Opening Of A Door

Have you ever had a dream? I mean a really BIG dream. One that almost seems unconquerable? You hope and hope that one day it will come true, but deep, deep, deep down there is a little voice that says "it will never really happen". As you watch day after day go by you get just a little less sure and slowly, unconsciously, give up that big castle in the air.

Lately, this seemed to be staring me in the face...though I don't think I wanted to hear that little voice.  But I was giving up my dream.

It was Valentine's Day when I received an email stating that Lisa Kelly was opening a voice studio in Georgia. I was in shock; completely blown away. As you might know, I am a huge fan of Celtic Woman. Lisa has been with the group since 2004 and my family and I have enjoyed listening to her songs for several years. So, as you might imagine, it is very exciting to have an opportunity to take voice lessons from such a talented lady.

I could hear the creak of the door as it swung open. It is such a sweet blessing that God has placed in my lap and with it comes the excitement of watching Him work out the beginnings of the dream I have cherished for as long as I can remember.

Yesterday was my first class. It was a very, very, very happy, enjoyable, lovely, amazing experience. She is such a fun person to work with and I am so excited for my next class!

2 comments: